The 16 E1 G703 Balun Panel Match multiple sets of 75-ohm coaxial 1.6/5.6 connector to multiple 120-ohm twisted pair connections with the G.703 Balun module Series.
Who needs these Baluns? Carriers that need to provide 120-ohm G.703 service so customers retaining 75-ohm CPE hardware. These Baluns also allow carriers who have standardized on 75-ohm coax to provide 120-ohm terminations to their customers (in keeping with European ONP requirements).
BIC-C16-L9 G.703 E1 balun rack mount panel solve the mismatch between UTP and coaxial cable.BIC-C16-L9 can achieve a maximum of 16 channel conversion. Operating in compliance with the CCITT G.703 specification, the BIC-C16-L9 occupies only 1U (3.5"/8.9 cm) of vertical rack space in a 19" (48.3 cm) rack-allowing for efficient multiport matching.
1.6/5.6 coaxial 16E1 panel balun back picture
● Connects 75 ohm dual coax to 120 ohm twisted pair (or visa versa)
● Bi-directional signal conversion according to CCITT G.703
● Data rates up to 2.048 Mbps
● Low profile design
● Mounts in standard 19" (48.3 cm) Rack
● No AC power or batteries required
● Female coax 1.6/5.6 connectors
1. what is the E1 G703 balun?
2. Baudcom have provided more than 10,000units E1 Balun to Lucent-Alcatel
3. Why we need E1 balun?